Dunedin Consort is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join the team as its Production Assistant. Reporting directly to Dunedin’s Head of Artistic Planning, the role offers a chance to be involved in a diverse range of tasks across the breadth of the organisation’s output. This part-time post could suit a young person, eager to get involved in project management, or a freelance musician looking to expand their experience in arts administration. It might equally suit someone already experienced in working in the arts and looking for part-time employment in a rewarding working environment. Note that this is an office-based role and, although there is scope for some flexibility around working arrangements, the successful candidate would be expected to use the Dunedin Consort office as their regular base.
- Coordinating travel and accommodation for musicians, both within the UK and abroad
- Researching and booking rehearsal venues
- Liaising with concert venues regarding schedules and promotion
- Researching and coordinating marketing materials for performances – e.g. printing and distribution of flyers, programme advertising, reciprocal advertising, coordinating special offers
- Coordinating instrument hire and tuning where required
- Production assistance at rehearsals and performances as required
- Preparing performance materials and scores, managing the library
- Following up expense claims with musicians
- Supporting other members of the Dunedin Consort team – eg. proofing copy, letter writing, financial tasks – as required.
- First-hand knowledge of the classical music industry, preferably with experience working in an administrative role
- Organised, highly-motivated individual with an eye for detail
- Good communicator who works well with others
- Excellent and demonstrable writing skills
- High level of computer literacy. Dunedin Consort uses Macintosh computers.
- Ability to read music
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Music qualification or performance experience an advantage
- Understanding of historically informed performance practice
- Experience of planning concerts, performances or tours
- Full driving licence
This is a part-time post of 20 hours per week.
Salary: £10,000 (0.5 FTE)
Dunedin Consort is based at 77 Montgomery Street, Edinburgh. The successful candidate would be expected to be primarily office-based although there may be some scope for home working if required.
Please send a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work with Dunedin Consort and how you believe your skills fit the requirements of the role. Please aim for your CV to be no longer than two pages. If you have any disability that prevents you from following the application process as described, please get in touch with Jo Buckley (Head of Artistic Planning) on email@example.com or 0131 516 3718.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 15 June. Interviews will take place in Edinburgh during the week beginning Monday 25 June.