What are they?
If you have ever wondered what goes into making Dunedin Consort performances so special, why not join us at one of our open rehearsals? Hear for yourself how the music is pieced together, and discover the intricate processes that create the intangible Dunedin Consort magic you hear in the concert hall.
When and where are they?
Our open rehearsals are held across the season. We have five sessions planned across the rest of our 2021/2022 season, all in Edinburgh:
- The Trials of Love — Handel and Scarlatti on Wednesday February 23rd 2022, 6:30-9:30pm
- Welcome to all the pleasures — Purcell, Handel, Corelli and Blow on Thursday March 17th 2022, 6:30-9-30pm
- Matthew Passion — Led by Associate Director Nicholas Mulroy on Friday April 8th 2022, 7:00-9:00pm
- A Lover’s Discourse — Madrigals by Monteverdi, Gesualdo and Marenzio on Monday May 30 2022, 6:30-9:30pm
- Acis & Galatea — Handel’s ‘little opera’ on Tuesday June 21st 2022, 6:30-9:30pm
Can I just turn up?
Places to attend the open rehearsals are limited and must be booked in advance via the website.
Full details will be confirmed by email to those who have registered to attend, at least 2 weeks before each rehearsal.
If you have any questions regarding the open rehearsals, please email our Learning & Participation team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘The open rehearsals offer a wonderful insight into the very hard work that goes into the preparation for a concert – I came away in awe and with lots of questions in my mind.’