What are they?
If you have ever wondered what goes into making Dunedin Consort performances so special, why not join us at one of our free open rehearsals? Hear for yourself how the music is pieced together, and discover the intricate processes that create the intangible Dunedin Consort magic you hear in the concert hall.
Our open rehearsals are held across the season. We have eight sessions planned across the 2023/24 season:
- La Vendetta — with soprano Nardus Williams on Friday 15 September, Edinburgh and Saturday 16 September, St Andrews
- Sonata — with Marc Brew movement director on Thursday 28 September, Cumbernauld
- Songs of War I Have Seen – led by conductor Ellie Slouch on Wednesday 11 October, Glasgow
- Čičić Directs Vivaldi – with director & violinist Bojan Čičić on Tuesday 14 November, Edinburgh (FULLY BOOKED), Wednesday 15 November, Greenock and Saturday 18 November, Aberdeen
- Leipzig 300 – commemorating 300 years from Bach’s appointment in Leipzig on Tuesday 6 February, Edinburgh and Wednesday 7 February, Perth
- Matthew Passion – led by director Sofi Jeannin on Wednesday 20 March, Edinburgh and Thursday 21 March, Glasgow
- Sean Shibe meets Dunedin Consort – with director John Butt and guitarist Sean Shibe on Saturday 13 April, Glasgow, Sunday 14 April, Edinburgh and Thursday 18 April, Ghent
- Scattered Rhymes Choral Tour – with Nicholas Mulroy on Wednesday 8 May, Edinburgh and Sunday 12 May, St Andrews
Can I just turn up?
Places to attend the open rehearsals are limited and must be booked in advance via the website.
Full details will be confirmed by email to those who have registered to attend, at least 2 weeks before each rehearsal.
If you have any questions regarding the open rehearsals, please email our Learning & Participation team: email@example.com.
‘The open rehearsals offer a wonderful insight into the very hard work that goes into the preparation for a concert – I came away in awe and with lots of questions in my mind.’