Dunedin Consort aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We will take steps within our power and resources to meet this responsibility. In particular:
- Job advertisements will include a general declaration to the effect that Dunedin Consort aims to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Records will be maintained as a means of monitoring the our policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality.
- The operation of the policy will be regularly reviewed.
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures will be reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- All employees will be made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy and provided with suitable training.
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.
- The Authority will consult with the recognised trades unions on equal opportunities and they, in their turn, will encourage their membership to operate within the guidelines represented by this policy, and will actively co-operate in all measures to ensure our compliance with this policy.
For further information:
Contact: Dunedin Consort
Telephone: 0131 516 3718